Traditional Hot Port with Honey & Lemon
Prep time: 2 minutes
“This is a traditional Irish winter drink that tastes like Christmas in a glass!” – Jessica @ IWHB
Enjoy on a cold evening after a rewarding day hiking the hills, or after a Christmas present shopping trip!
- Lemon, sliced
- Ruby port (Sandeman or similar)
- A fancy glass
- Boil the kettle
- Heat your fancy glass.
- Pour a double standard measure of Port into fancy glass.
- Add boiling water and sugar/honey to taste.
- Add cloves to lemon and pop into glass.
- Relax, breathe in the warming Christmassy aroma, and let the homely flavors delight you. You may so impressed that you will never bother with the long process of making mulled wine again!