10 Tips for Driving in Ireland
Just back from her road trip along Ireland’s Wild Atlantic Way, travel blogger and brand ambassador Sherry Ott shares her first-hand advice for travellers considering an Ireland self-drive tour.
Check out the video below for her 10 tips for driving in Ireland. And, if you’ve never driven on the left side of the road, this video is especially for YOU!
Our expertly designed Ireland driving tours itineraries take you from region to region through villages, National Parks, historic sites and along the most scenic routes imaginable.
What you can expect from us:
- A great selection of rental cars to accommodate groups of all sizes
- Nightly ensuite room in carefully curated accommodations with daily breakfast
- Personalised day-to-day itinerary with route suggestions
- 24-hour phone support
- Dedicated holiday specialist to help with planning
- Competitive tour rates and excellent value
- All of our signature self-drive packages can be custom tours and personalised to your interests, preferences and schedule such as special day tours, outdoor recreation or castle hotel stays. We can extend your trip to 14 nights, for example, or shorten it to five. However you’d like to explore Ireland, we can create the perfect holiday for you.
Benefits of Ireland Self-Drive Tours:
- Save time by having us handle the planning and reservations process for your tour
- Cover more ground in a shorter span of time (compared to our Ireland cycling tours or guided hiking tours)
- Travel at your own pace; enjoy the freedom and flexibility to modify your schedule as needed
- As independent trips, Ireland road trips can be planned for any time of year
- Enjoy staying at our carefully curated collection of accommodations – we’ve done the work for you!
- Have a question or issue? Call our emergency number 24/7 to speak with a member of our team
- Practice driving on the left – Ireland is a great place to learn
Browse our Self-Drive Tours now
“Such an easy, stress free way to travel. Ireland Walk Hike Bike took the hassle out of planning each day, and the itinerary gave us the flexibility to go with our own flow too.