A common question we receive from guests is what type of bike is best for them to ride during their tour, quite often the simple answer is, whichever type of bike you are most familiar with.
· Best for: Everyone from casual to avid riders.
· Features: Combines features of road bikes and mountain bikes, offering a comfortable upright riding position, wider tires for stability, and the ability to make good progress in comfort.
· Advantages: Smooth ride on various terrains, well geared to tackle all gradients.
E-Bikes (Electric Bikes):
· Best for: Riders looking for assistance on hills, longer distances, or those who want the option to reduce physical effort.
· Features: Equipped with an electric motor to assist pedalling, allowing riders to cover more ground with less effort, upright position and a low step through for easy mounting and dismounting.
· Advantages: Ideal for riders of different fitness levels, helps tackle challenging terrain, extends range, and can make longer rides more accessible. Also great as an equalizer of ability amongst tour group members.
· Best for: Enthusiastic cyclists who are comfortable on a road bike, those interested in speed and covering long distances.
· Features: Lightweight frame, narrow tires, and a drop handlebar for an aerodynamic riding position.
· Advantages: Designed for speed and efficiency on paved roads.