We understand that sometimes plans change and if it becomes necessary for you to cancel or transfer/postpone your tour, you need to notify us immediately in writing/email. Upon receipt and acknowledgement by us of your written advice, cancellation or transfer will take effect. Please note our revised terms and conditions below for cancelling or transferring your booking during Covid 19 with Ireland Walk Hike Bike.
TRANSFERRING A BOOKING
If you feel that you would like to delay the start date of your holiday with Ireland Walk Hike Bike we will be happy to do so & will move your holiday deposit forward to your newly chosen date. You do NOT have to specify a date for your holiday yet, so long as you take it BEFORE Oct 15th (start date) in 2021. Please read below for timeframes that apply and note that we require a minimum of 6 weeks notice to book the new dates: Please note IWHB = Ireland Walk Hike Bike)
- 56 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday – we are happy to transfer your booking with an administration fee of Eu25 per booking.
- 35 – 55 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday – we will transfer your booking with an administration fee of Eu45 per person.
- 34 – 15 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday – we will transfer your booking with an administration fee of Eu65 per person.
- Less than 14 days TRANSFER of booking may still be possible – please contact your in house travel specialist to see what can be done.
(Transfer of bookings can only be accepted by e-mail Mon to Fri 9.00 – 17.00 GMT time & proof of restriction or reason for transferring your holiday date will be required).
If you transfer your booking – when can you re-book???
- If a transfer of your booking is administered, you can re-book onto the same holiday type (i.e. Guided / Self-Guiding / Guide Assist or Special) anytime up to Oct 15th, 2021.
- Change of holiday type will incur an additional Eu25 pp/per booking and any change in holiday cost will be payable in full by you in 8 weeks in advance of your holiday start date. (Please note that Oct 15th is the absolute latest START OF HOLIDAY date for 2021).
RESPONSE TO SPECIFIC EVENTS OCCURING
If specific events occur which prevent you from travelling to Ireland the following applies:
- If a travel restriction or travel ban has been issued by your government (i.e. you are requested not to travel outside your country)
- OR If flight cancellations by the airline, affecting your ability to travel to the start of the trip – with no reasonable travel alternatives
- OR If there is an official travel warning for Ireland at the time of your holiday – i.e. “The Australian government issues a ‘Do not travel’ to Ireland”
- OR If your workplace or employer invokes a travel ban on Ireland as a destination
- OR If your government advises that if you travel to Ireland, then on your return you will need to self quarantine for 14 days
In this case if you choose to cancel your holiday – if done the following applies;
- 35 – 55 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday date – cancellation charge of Eu150 per person applies.
- 34 days to 15 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday date – 30% of the total cost of your holiday will be charged.
- 14 days to 7 days – prior to start date of IWHB holiday date – 50% of the total cost of your holiday will be charged.
- Less than 7 days prior to start date of IWHB holiday date – NO REFUND
(Cancellation of bookings can only be accepted by e-mail Mon to Fri 9.00 – 17.00 GMT time & proof of restriction or reason for cancellation will be required).
If public places which are included in your holiday itinerary and are closed or under quarantine – e.g. quarantine or closure of a major tourist site in your itinerary. We feel, due to the nature of our holidays, this is highly unlikely. However, if we have included entrance to any visitor attraction that is closed or under quarantine and we cannot replace the visit with something similar – then we will refund the applicable entrance fee to you during your holiday.
Please note, under normal circumstances our cancellation policy is as follows:
- 56 Days – deposit is charged as normal (Eu150 per person) – no other penalty applies.
- 55 – 35 Days – 30% of the cost of each person’s holiday is applied.
- 34 – 15 Days – 50% of the cost of each person’s holiday is applied.
- 14 days or less – NO REFUND
For further information please feel free to contact us