Covid 19 / Corona Virus Update – 23 June 2020
Ireland Walk Hike Bike sincerely hope that you are keeping safe & well at this time. If you have opened this page on our Website – then we want to bring you up to speed on the current situation in Ireland as a destination and with Ireland Walk Hike Bike and our policies related to the implications of the virus.
We are very happy to report that the situation in Ireland is very positive and our emergence from the necessary restrictions are moving at a much faster pace than originally announced. Originally the date for a full opening up of society was August 10th but now this will be July 20th. On June 29th we will move into phase 3 of a 4 phase process, On this date restaurants and bars will begin to reopen along with a host of other businesses and we can begin to picture our country welcoming back visitors to enjoy our world famous hospitality. There is one major factor which we are still awaiting word on and that is the lifting of a voluntary 14 self-isolation for all international visitors to Ireland. We are confident that this will be lifted on July 20th or before but right now there is no official word.
If you are thinking of booking a holiday with us – then we recommend that you look at dates from mid-August 2020 onward, or into 2021.
The health and safety of our guests is always at the forefront of our thinking in every decision we make and now more than ever this is of vital importance. With this in mind we are working hard on developing a complete operations policy outlining how our tours will be operated to ensure the safety of our guests. This is in line with International best practice and is in the final stages of completion.
So many of us have had to pause our travel plans in 2020 and the Covid 19 crisis has made all of us very hesitant to make plans with so much uncertainty surrounding international travel. That being said we feel now more than ever we all need something to look forward to. We want to help with this and take away as many barriers as possible to allow you plan the wonderful holiday you want in Ireland. We are now happy to take bookings with NO DEPOSIT payment. For 2020 bookings we will ask you to pay 2 installments.
- Six weeks prior to the holiday start date we will ask for your 1st installment of just €150
- Four weeks prior to your holiday start date will ask for the balance payment.
We have amended our bookings terms and conditions to match this.
For 2021 bookings we will accept the booking with no deposit, and we will contact you in early 2021 to discuss payment arrangements.
We hope this will allow you make your holidays plans stress free as there is no current financial commitment.
TRANSFERRING A BOOKING
If you have already booked a holiday with us – the details below will outline what happens if you would like to delay your holiday. If after reading the below, you would like to discuss your plans further, we will be happy to do so by telephone or by e-mail.
If you feel that you would like to delay the start date of your holiday with Ireland Walk Hike Bike – we will be delighted to do so for you. Please note, we will transfer your holiday deposit to your new holiday date (which does not have to be specified just yet).
Please read below for time frames that apply:
- Up to 35 days or more, before start date of holiday – we will transfer your booking with NO administration fee. We will “rollover” your deposit to your new booking date.
- 34 – 15 days prior to start date of holiday – we will transfer your booking with an administration fee of Eu45 per person. We will “rollover” your remaining balance to your new booking date.
- Less than 14 days TRANSFER of booking may still be possible – please contact your travel specialist to see what can be done.
(Transfer of bookings will be processed by e-mail Mon to Fri 9.00 – 17.00 GMT time. Your holiday deposit will be “rolled” over to your new date & any administration fees applicable will be deducted from it. Please note – ideally, we will need minimum 6 weeks IN ADVANCE of your new chosen date to ensure we can re-book your holiday seamlessly).
Please note, if the cost of your booked trip changes due to the rebooking these additional costs will increase your final balance – e.g. if an original accommodation has not reopened and we need to book you an alternative.
If you transfer your booking – when can you re-book?
- If a transfer of your booking is administered, you can re-book onto the same holiday type (i.e. Guided / Self-Guiding / Guide Assist or Special) anytime up to a start date on or before Oct 15th, 2021.
- Change of holiday type (i.e. changing from Self-Guiding to a Guided Holiday) will incur an additional Eu25 pp/per booking.
- Please note that Oct 15th is the absolute latest START OF HOLIDAY date for 2021. Should there be any change in the cost of your holiday, this will be payable in full by you 8 weeks in advance of your new holiday start date.
RESPONSE TO SPECIFIC EVENTS OCCURRING
If specific events occur which prevent you from travelling to Ireland the following applies:
- If a travel restriction or travel ban has been issued by your government (i.e. you are requested not to travel outside your country) OR
- If flight cancellations by the airline, affecting your ability to travel to the start of the trip – with no reasonable travel alternatives OR
- If there is an official travel warning for Ireland at the time of your holiday – i.e. “The Australian government issues a “Do not travel to Ireland” OR
- If your government advises that if you travel to Ireland, then on your return you will need to self-Isolate for 14 days.
In this case if you choose to cancel your holiday –
- If done 28 days or more prior to start date of holiday date – cancellation fee incurred of €150 per person
- 27 days to 15 days prior to start date of holiday date – cancellation fee incurred – 30% of total holiday cost
- 14 days to 7 days – prior to start date of holiday date – cancellation fee incurred – 50% of total holiday cost
- Less than 7 days prior to start date of holiday date – cancellation fee incurred – 100% of total holiday cost
(Cancellation of bookings can only be accepted by e-mail Mon to Fri 9.00 – 17.00 GMT time & proof of restriction or reason for cancellation will be required).
Please Note – credit card charges will be applied where applicable.